logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address Search Debugging

From Valerii Pekarskyi pekarskiy.valeriy at gmail.com on Wed Mar 20 10:01:37 GMT 2013

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how can I check
countries/regions/cities/streets/housenumbers that mkgmap converts to my
img file? I would like to check it while or just after the conversion,
before loading map set to my Garmin unit or to the MapSource. Why I want
such information? I am trying to make that "full address search" that is
announced on the Mkgmap page on the OpenStreetMap wiki, and have a lot of
troubles with it:
1) there is no house search at all (is it not done yet?)
2) some cities have street search while others do not and I have troubles
with separating ones from others
3) I heard there are two search indexes could be generated with mkgmap -
could anyone provide a bit more details? Which indexes are used on Dakota
and on Nuvi, for example, and which are used by MapSource? How can I check
they are generated as I expected

I am converting Ukraine with a bit changed style of Max Vasilev (original
here:https://velo100mapper.googlecode.com/svn/trunk), and my changed styles
that I am trying to make working are here:
https://github.com/Larry0ua/ua-convert/tree/master/mkgmap-stranger/stranger-uk.
If someone is interested he could find generation parameters a folder up.

I am sorry if that question was already written to this mail list before
me, but search given nothing to me.

Best Regards,
Larry0ua