logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Mar 19 06:15:21 GMT 2013

Hi Franco,

I like to reproduce the problem. Please let us know how you create the map (parms for the programs, style, source of OSM data).

Gerd

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 23:53:55 +0100
From: franco.bez at web.de
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev]	"No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

    Hi everybody,

    Today I built a new map with mkgmap-r2532 WITHOUT the x-housenumbers
    option.

    The new map also has the bug.

    Now I am really confused as with Version r2529 the bug only occurred
    with the option x-housenumbers turned on.

    Although I have not yet found an other example location I am almost
    sure that Schwabmünchen is not the only place for the bug to break
    the routing.

    Ciao,

      Franco

    Am 16.03.2013 18:32, schrieb Franco
      Bez:

      Hi all,

      today berndw found out that the problem is definitely triggered by
      the option "x-housenumbers".

      Removing this option from the config, routing on the "Robert Bosch
      Straße" works perfectly.

      Ciao,

        Franco

      Am 16.03.2013 07:51, schrieb Franco
        Bez:

        Hi all,

        I have a strange routing Problem im Schwabmünchen

        http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.197592&lon=10.764289&zoom=18

        When I try to set a route to "Autohaus Schönwetter" or any other
        Point on the "Robert Bosch Straße" I get "no roads near target"
        on the Oregon, while the Nüvi just hangs with "Computing Route"
        forever.

        Routing to the "V-Markt" works fine.

        Sorry I cannot point you to the exact Version when the Bug was
        introduced, but I build two maps with the exactly same style and
        osm data.

        Using mkgmap-r2460 does NOT have this problem.

        Using a recent Version of mkgmap like r2526 or the latest r2529
        HAS the problem.

        So somewhere in between there must have been a change breaking
        the routing in residential areas.

        Ciao,

          Franco