logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] issues with tile boundaries

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Mar 18 07:44:29 GMT 2013

Hi Minko,

> After run the first mapsets with the aligned tiles, it seems they don't show the misalignement of the background (overview?) map anymore :-)
> Also the gaps between the polygons disappeared, so the patch solved all the issues!

Fine :-)

> > I meant the default resolution used in splitter, but I think you are
> > right
> > that 13 is used for the overview map. I am not aware that the value
> > has an
> > influence on mkgmap, but I maybe wrong.

> So yes, it does seem to have an influence, maybe --no-trim-to-polygon should be default (if a polygon is given)?
> Or the algignment of the overview map should be improved?

Ah, I see. The method TdbBuilder.addToOverviewMap()  rounds the coods of the tile bboxes with the hardcoded resolution 13.

@Steve: I don't know why that is done, maybe it can be changed ?

Reg. --no-trim-to-polygon:
I searched the mails to find out why I coded the default to be different. I only found your post:
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/splitter-r250-and-open-questions-reg-bounding-polygon-tp5738360p5738579.html

So, I think I should change splitter like this:
rule 1:  generated tile boundaries are always aligned to 2048 map units.
rule 2: If a bounding polygon is given, trim the tiles to the bounding polygon but allow overlaps to follow rule 1

OK?