logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] issues with tile boundaries

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sun Mar 17 09:02:43 GMT 2013

Gerd wrote:
> >> I see these options to help in your case:
> >> 1) Complex: Implement an algorithm in splitter which does something
> >> similar to your approach: Partition the input file into a few large
> >> areas
> >> and calculate each partition seperately.
> >
> > Maybe you can use N1 and M1 poly's as example?
>
> the polygons in N1 and M1 are not aligned, but with the new parameter
> --no-trim-to-polygon
> splitter writes the area.poly with the aligned coordinates.
>
> Reg. the complex algo : I think it will not help in your case, but it
> might
> be a solution for those
> that are running out of memory. I will not code that unless there is a
> real
> need, because the solution that I have in mind would add a lot of
> complexity.
> OK?

Hi Gerd,
Yes thats fine. I found out that the --no-trim-to-polygon makes a good division of tiles
if I split Europe step by stip, so first N1 until stop after split, use the area.poly to adjust M1.poly and then proceed with that M1.poly etc

About the densities file I'm not sure what you mean with that.
Do I have to copy it to densities_N1.txt and can I use it the next splitting step for N1 when I use --split-file=areas_N1.list (renamed back to densities.txt?)