logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suppressing dead-end-checks for parking entrance/exit

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Mar 15 07:25:08 GMT 2013

GerdP wrote
>> This is my reasoning; I did not test the actual behaviour. Which case
>> did you have in mind?
>
> I don't have a picture in mind. I found the problem while testing the
> patch.
> I used a download containing both ways and removed one. To my surprise

Oops, I mixed that with the check for unconnected roads.
I did this:
start JOSM
download way 187642343
download the area around it
delete the way 208398612 to have a dead end oneway again
save as deadend.osm

GerdP wrote
> I did not see the expected message from the dead-end check.
> I added option --report-dead-ends=2 and still got no message.
> So I looked at the source and found what I reported.
> I'll have a closer look today.

OK, here are my findings:
1) The oneway 187642343 is connected to the normal roads 136599044
and 34133276, mkgmap creates two RouteNodes for these connections.
2) In the reportDeadEnds() method the dead-end oneway is ignored because it
is
connected with the normal road. I consider this to be an error in the
method. Do you agree?

I wondered why you saw the message, I assume that in your case it lies on a
tile boundary?
And shouldn't we disable the dead-end-check for ways that lie on such a
boundary as well?