logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suppressing dead-end-checks for parking entrance/exit

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Mar 14 22:05:00 GMT 2013

Hi Gerd,

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 08:11:25AM +0100, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>attached is version 2 of the patch which checks only first and last
>node of a road.

Thanks! I finally tested this, and it looked OK with my fabricated data
and style file patch, which did { add fixme=yes } to some nodes.

>Please check:
>I think the code in RouteNode.reportDeadEnds() does not report a dead
>end oneway if the routeNode contains a normal (twoway) road because
>both flags noWayOut and noWayIn are set to false in this case. Is this
>intended?

I did not implement the dead-end checks. I believe it was Mark Burton,
who no longer is active in the project. Can you draw ASCII art of the
situation? For example, using the following legend:

= means two-way road
> means one-way road
| means dead-end

The cases |==== or ====| should not emit any warning; these should be
common for highway=residential and highway=service etc.

====>>>>>| should emit a warning 'goes nowhere'
====<<<<<| should emit a warning 'comes from nowhere'
====>>>>>==== no warning
====<<<<<==== no warning

This is my reasoning; I did not test the actual behaviour. Which case
did you have in mind?

	Marko