logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style function is_connected ?

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Mar 1 08:47:11 GMT 2013

Hi Chris,

I looked into this again.
It seems very easy to detect roads that are not connected after all lines
were processed
by the style system. This can be done by looking at the highwayCount value
for each node
of a way. If none is > 1, the way is not connected. Maybe a bit more code is
needed to
detect self-intersecting roads or rings as such in the sample, but
performance shoud be
no problem.

I see only one possible solution to implement this in the rule system:
Create a new rule file (e.g.  roads) which is processed in a 2nd pass.
I tried to implement this, but I found no simple solution.
The problem is that the current style system doesn't allow a 2nd pass, which
means
we cannot yet pass the result of the 1st pass.
A possible weak solution woud be to use a roads file that
include 'lines', but that seems a bit confusing to me, and maybe will not
work at all
regarding continue etc.
Maybe someone else sees a simple solution?

Gerd

Chris66 wrote