logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Default style example invalid?

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Feb 28 14:17:58 GMT 2013

On 28/02/13 09:26, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> just a question: Why are the rules into includes?

Its just copying the previous base-style layout.

 >                                  I thought this makes
> only sense for rules that are
> common to e.g. points and lines ?

It makes sense in the same way that having a method that is only
called from one place makes sense - it separates out common features
and may make them easier to reuse in derived styles.

In this actual case though, I don't think that there is much value
in the current split since it is incomplete, so I am quite happy
to in-line those again.

..Steve