logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] zip files

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Mon Feb 25 20:53:15 GMT 2013

Hi Gerd,

thanks for the implementation!
One general question? Should we base mkgmap on Java 7? Are there any
cons? When using Java 7 we could use the new Path API which makes it
easier and more transparent to read from zip files.

Some notes about the patch:

LoadableMapDataSource:
public void load(InputStream is, String name) throws FormatException;

should be

public void load(InputStream is) throws FormatException;

or the name should be used consistently in the readers. At the moment
only the PBF reader uses the name in an error message.

@Override annotations are not used yet in mkgmap sources.

SeaGenerator:
	String precompSea = props.getProperty("precomp-sea", null);
     	precompSeaDir = new File(precompSea);
will NPE if precomp-sea is not set.

Please remove System.out.* as long as it does not contain any message
that are easily understandable by a user without internal knowledge.

loadIndex(..) Can you please add some comments to the parmeter javadoc
or remove the param javadoc?

WanMil