logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style function is_connected ?

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Feb 25 13:55:58 GMT 2013

Hi,

Chris66 wrote
> Hi,
>
> would a new style function is_connected() be difficult to implement ?
>
> It should result "no" for example on this way:
>
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/45838172>
>
> Because it is not connected to any other highway.
>
> Benefit: You could make such routing islands non routable.

I think it is not possible now. A way is passed to the style evaluation
system,
and that system says whether it is a road or not.
To answer the question if a road is connected or not you have to know all
roads.
So, we would need a second pass of style evaluation.
On the other hand, I doubt that it causes problems when such a way is marked
as
a road. A routing algo should not use it to get out of the square.