logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem using housenumber option

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sun Feb 24 20:55:02 GMT 2013

Wanmil wrote:
> I think there is nothing to fix? If the addr:housenumber tag contains
> the value "fixme" it's a tagging error. Anyhow I will lower the log
> level of the error message.

I agree

> > I even merged the whole database of ALL streets+housenumbers for the
> > Netherlands into
> > the OSM extract (so called BAG data from the Dutch Kadaster) and
> > this went fine :-)
> >
> > One issue is that Mapsource displays
> > street,housenumber,province,country but not
> > street,housenumber,place,country and this is only for some addresses
> > in this street.
> > Other addresses in the same street can find also the placename.
>
> Do you use preprocessed bounds? Which mkgmap parameters do you use?

Yes, I use
bounds: bounds_20130201.zip
location-autofill: is-in,nearest
x-housenumbers

> > This BAG dataset that I merged with OSM contained the nodes with
> > addr:housenumber and addr:street tags, but
> > maybe the search would improve if I added addr:city as well or is it
> > an index problem?
>
> addr:city is not evaluated for housenumber processing.

Ok, so adding those fields won't improve the housenumber search yet.

I have now filtered all subnumbers and letters out but it didnt make any difference.
Some housenumbers are still found without a city (in the same street other housenumbers were
found with city, so it is not caused by a missing or broken boundary)
and I couldnt find any logical pattern (I thought it had to do with the subletters but
that wasnt the case).

Anyway, apart from those small issues I'm very happy with the housenumber search.