logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem using housenumber option

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Feb 24 19:11:01 GMT 2013

> Hi,
> I've now compiled a Benelux map succesfully with the housenumber search.
> In the errorlog (mkgmap-r2494) it reported housenumbers with fixme and streetnames
> (dont know if this is fixed already) but in general it can find most addresses.

I think there is nothing to fix? If the addr:housenumber tag contains
the value "fixme" it's a tagging error. Anyhow I will lower the log
level of the error message.

> I even merged the whole database of ALL streets+housenumbers for the Netherlands into
> the OSM extract (so called BAG data from the Dutch Kadaster) and this went fine :-)
>
> One issue is that Mapsource displays street,housenumber,province,country but not
> street,housenumber,place,country and this is only for some addresses in this street.
> Other addresses in the same street can find also the placename.

Do you use preprocessed bounds? Which mkgmap parameters do you use?

> This BAG dataset that I merged with OSM contained the nodes with addr:housenumber and addr:street tags, but
> maybe the search would improve if I added addr:city as well or is it an index problem?

addr:city is not evaluated for housenumber processing.

WanMil