logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] ["PATCH" v1] Housenumber search for OSM data

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Feb 22 12:18:37 GMT 2013

Hi WanMil

> I have improved my patch. It's working quite great. Beside the bad
> performance it seems to be rather ready to commit... :-)

This is great news. I shall have to do some mapping in my area so
I can try it out properly!

> I have now distributed the housenumbers to the correct road segments. I
> found out that the routing nodes are always of type CoordNode. So I

Yes that is right, once the node conversion is done the routing nodes
have type CoordNode and you can also identify them by getId()!=0

> assume that each segment between two CoordNodes can be assigned with one
> Numbers object. Correct? The rnodNumber is the index of the CoordNode
> within the points list of the MapRoad object. That's working well. I do

Yes that it right.

> not know if it is possible that some of the CoordNodes are removed in
> the further processing? So I could also try to fill in the nodeNumber
> (is that the id of the CoordNode?) and then let you do the rest :-)

Well perhaps, the order that things happen in is unclear and could do
with tidying up or documenting.

> Gerd posted an assertion. It's thrown if a housenumber is 0. Is that
> allowed in the garmin format or do I have to filter it out? I guess I
> have to filter out that.

Can housenumbers be 0 in the real world! I'd say not, so filter.
I'll check if 0 actually works though and fix if so.

..Steve