logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why does the --process-exits option only work on motorways

From Franco Bez franco.bez at web.de on Wed Feb 20 08:08:39 GMT 2013

Hi everybody,
first of all I'd like to say that the --process-exits option does a
marvelous job on motorways.
The display on the Nüvi 40 finally shows sensible texts.

Now I'm wondering why this option only works for motorways.
IMHO trunk roads are almost the same thing from a driver's point of view.
So motorways and trunk roads should be handled in a very similar manner.
It would vastly improve the displayed texts on the Nüvi.
Currently I get "Roundabout" in the display on almost every trunk exit.
( Down here in Bavaria it's quite fashionable to have roundabouts
distributing the traffic from and to trunk roads. )

Or is there any deeper reason for --process-exits option only working on
motorways ?

Ciao,
  Franco