logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2485: Add simple housenumber handling for OSM data

From n Willink mkg at pinns.co.uk on Mon Feb 18 22:23:51 GMT 2013

Brilliant work ! As Felix said it works!
I have my osm address numbers  showing as labels on  my Mapsource map and
notice some interesting results. If a street number doesn't exist it will
calculate its probable position, which in itself can be quite useful, as
often only a few address numbers are available.
It always defaults to the max or min number if the number is outside the
scale given, ie
if a street has numbers 10 to 30 , 120 will point 30 and 1 to 10.

There is an issue if the houses are not regularly spaced or (as happens near
me) the last house is not at the end of the road . In which case the
pointing is fairly inaccurate, to say the least.
However, what a superb tool you & Steve have created! Thanks