logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r288

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Feb 13 13:19:56 GMT 2013

Hi Minko,

Minko-2 wrote
> Gerd wrote:
>> I hope this description is clear enough?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean with the new option --boundary-tags
> Default is to exclude "administrative", "postal_code", "political"
> boundaries from keep-complete.
>
> Not clear what you mean by --boundary-tags=use-exclude-list, can it read a
> custom file with other boundary values to exclude or do you  mean "use the
> default hardcoded list" so the same as without the option --boundary-tags?

the latter one: "use the default hardcoded list" so the same as without the
option --boundary-tags

Minko-2 wrote
> With the parameter --boundary-tags does this mean exclude all boundaries
> from the keep-complete?

the empty parm means: relations with type=boundary are added to the problem
list if they don't have a boundary=* tag, type=multipolygon are not added if
they have a boundary=* tag
If such a relation is given in the problem-list, it will be still be used in
keep-complete processing.

Minko-2 wrote
> With --boundary-tags=administrative means include them too (so only ignore
> political and postal_code?)

The parm gives an include list which means ignore the exclude list. That's
why I've used
--boundary-tags=use-exclude-list as default. So, with
--boundary-tags=administrative
splitter will not add political or postal_code boundaries.

Quite complicated...
Please let me know if you have a better solution.