logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What current status of address search?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Feb 12 14:42:05 GMT 2013

I'm sure that will change in future, but currently there is simply no
implementation using plain OSM data. It would be great if address nodes
could be handled (that conversion shouldn't be too difficult I guess,
and i.e. in Vienna that would mean loads of housenumbers searchable),
and housenumber search support from other input formats like housenumber
averaging could still come later.

So the current status is, yes it is implemented on the output side. But
on the input side not really (as "Polish" format is not useful for real
world use).