logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] PATCH v1: highwayCount

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Feb 11 15:28:57 GMT 2013

Hi Steve,

Steve Ratcliffe wrote
> We should probably join lines (like --merge-lines) and then prevent
> subdivisions from growing too much. The problem is that we grow
> subdivisions to fit lines so that there is a lot of overlap. The
> alternative is to limit subdivisions so that they only overlap a
> little and trim lines at their borders. It is similar to the same
> problem with splitter.  Its hard to explain without a diagram, and I
> would like a tool that shows the layout of the subdivisions so that I
> can compare the strategy that we use compared to other maps.

I've just coded a small routine to draw a bbox gpx for each sub div.
There seems to be one big difference:
The sub divisions in the garmin map (extracted from gmapbmap.img)
do not overlap, they are not even close together.
Don't know it that is telling much, I think the img file contains only
"Worldwide autoroute", no small streets.