logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highwayCount

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Feb 7 18:09:19 GMT 2013

Hi Gerd,

>  > 1. a point that is used in more than one line is a "node"
>   Ah, so you think that it doesn't matter whether the line is a road or
> not?

Oh, no sorry, I did not mean that. A road can be made of several
lines, but I am only talking about lines that are part of a road.

>  > isRoadJunction() is too narrow a name, all road junctions are nodes
>  > but not all nodes are road junction. But perhaps isNode()
> Well, Node.isNode() looks not much better. May isGarminNode() ?

isConnection() ? doesn't quite fit with house numbers, but that is
rare and we don't even use it yet.

>  > produce different results until you have identified a specific bug.
> I am not sure if it is a bug. Many roads share the OSM nodes with e.g.
> shapes or railway lines or something else. With the current implementation
> these OSM nodes have highwayCount > 1 and therefor a CoordNode is

Ah OK, non-routable lines should not be used when determining if
something is a CoordNode or not. So sounds like a bug.

..Steve