logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2477: Avoid that multipolygon cutting algorithm creates very small polygons

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 7 12:31:43 GMT 2013

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
> Well, I just tried it out with min-size-polygon=12 instead of 18, then
> it works quite nicely. So the sea polygon parser is still cutting rather
> small sea polygons. It should rather be the opposite way around I
> suppose though. Through away small islands instead of throwing away the
> sea.
>
> This is using:
> --generate-sea --precomp-sea=\maps\sea

It is the filter that throws away small shapes. The cut algo just creates
sea and land shapes
which cover  the whole area. Later, the shape size filter throws away small
shapes, no matter
what they are.
So, until WanMil has finished the work on the new mp-cut branch you should
see better results if you use the default for min-size-polygon (8) or even a
smaller value.