logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2477: Avoid that multipolygon cutting algorithm creates very small polygons

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Feb 7 11:36:57 GMT 2013

Well, I just tried it out with min-size-polygon=12 instead of 18, then
it works quite nicely. So the sea polygon parser is still cutting rather
small sea polygons. It should rather be the opposite way around I
suppose though. Through away small islands instead of throwing away the sea.

This is using:
--generate-sea --precomp-sea=\maps\sea

On 07.02.2013 11:58, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> okay tried it out. Seems to be the new algo. I must say, it looks a
> bit nicer, and what is more important it saves data / means faster
> display on the GPS.
> What I still not really understand is why the following is happening:
> See the two screenshots taken with Mapsource and details=normal
> 50km -- correct:
> http://openmtbmap.org/norway1.jpg
>
> 70km -- see disappears mostly:
> http://openmtbmap.org/norway2.jpg
>

> I don't really understand why the see is left away so much.
> On 07.02.2013 11:19, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>> So (@Wanmil) are theese alreay created using the new algo?
>>
>> http://www.navmaps.eu/wanmil/sea_20130205.zip
>> On 07.02.2013 11:14, GerdP wrote:
>>> Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
>>> If you want to benefit from the new algo: yes
>>>
>>> Gerd
>>>

>>> --

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org