logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] poiDispFlag="0xc" in locatorconfig.xml

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Feb 5 20:51:30 GMT 2013

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 08:59:46PM +0100, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>okay, so probably similar to GerdP's answer, I do wonder why it is set
>only for some countries. I cannot understand why we should make
>difference in the way addresses are displayed depending on the
>country...

Well, while the German style is common in Europe, it is not the only
style that is being used in Europe. (Don't the French write the street
number before the street name, but postal code before the city name?)
Also, Europe is not the whole world. In many countries, the city name is
written before the postal code (zip code).

I'm glad that Garmin came up with those two bits. Cultural imperialism
is annoying and only sometimes funny.

Iso Roobertinkatu (In Helsinki, Big Robert Street) can become
150 Roobertinkatu when interpreting handwriting. True story. :-)

Best regards,

	Marko

PS: 0xc is the way to go for Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Estonia,
Germany, Austria, The Netherlands at least.