logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] removeShortArcs_v4.patch for regression in r2448

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Feb 3 09:48:22 GMT 2013

Hi Steve,

Steve Ratcliffe wrote
> On 02/02/13 19:21, GerdP wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I still have no idea what exactly goes wrong, but it seems that we
>> have to apply short arc removal to all ways that are not shapes.
>> Since r2448 this was no longer done, which broke routing.
>
> There is something odd I noticed, but ignored before as it also
> happens in the previous version.
>
> In some cases there are entries in RGN that are part of a road
> that do not link to an entry in NET, but only to a label. I don't
> know why this happens.

Is this the reason for the error messages from NetCheck for r2448 and
higher?
I did not find a case were a road was written to RGN, but not to
NET.

Steve Ratcliffe wrote
> What would happen if a road is (incorrectly) joined to a non-routable
> line?

Hmm, If I got it right, removeShortArcs replaces nodes within ways,
it doesn't join two ways. I mean, it may replace the coord of a road
by a coord of a non-routable line. In my test data this happens
a few times.

Ciao,