logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2461: Merge the mkgmap_exits branch

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Jan 27 13:18:54 GMT 2013

Hi Uli,

your lines file contains the following rule:
highway=motorway_link & mkgmap:exit_hint=true
   { delete mkgmap:display_name;
     name 'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_ref} ${mkgmap:exit_hint_name}' |
          'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_ref} ${mkgmap:exit_hint_exit_to}' |
          'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_exit_to}' |
          'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_name}' |
          'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_ref}' }

This means that you change the name of the mkgmap:exit_hint part. But
this part still uses the Garmin code 0x09 for motorway_link which is
assigned later in your lines file.

Garmin ignores the names on 0x09 lines but reports the name of the next
routeable way which is not a link (0x09 or 0x08(?)). So you have to
assign a routable non link Garmin type to the mkgmap:exit_hint=true part.

Just add the line before your common motorway_link rule:
highway=motorway_link & mkgmap:exit_hint=true [0x01 road_class=4
road_speed=3 level 4]

That should work.

But you will not get the message "rechts auf A2 Richtung Berlin
abbiegen". The --process-exits option adds the name of the exit so
something link "leave the highway to exit 2 Kreuz Braunschweig-Nord".

When using the --process-destination option you might get the message
"keep right to A2 (Berlin)" afterwards.

A combination of both in one message is not possible at the moment. I
have to think about if I can combine both hints to one.

WanMil