logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] coastline

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jan 27 08:50:27 GMT 2013

RheinSkipper wrote
> Where can I find the mkgmap_sea_generator script and how are the libraries
> to setup? I am not familiar with mkgmap Java sources.

You have to compile mkgmap with the SeaGenerator.
I think these are the mimimal steps:
1) if you don't have the sources, get them via svn or download
the tarball :
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/download/mkgmap-r2464-src.tar.gz
2) install the java compiler, see http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/develop.html and
do what is described under "Minimum requirements",

3) to compile mkgmap with the PrecompSeaGeneraor change the build.xml:
search for a line like this:
<exclude name="**/optional/*.java"/>
and replace it with
<exclude name="**/dem/optional/*.java"/>
Without this change, some required classes are not compiled.
2) execeute
ant resolve-optional to download the needed jar files
3) download latest splitter from
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/download/splitter.html, unzip, and
and copy splitter.jar and \lib\fastuitl.jar to mkgmap\lib\optional
4) execute ant
5) chdir to mkgmap\dist
6) execute mkgmap with a command similar to this:
D:\mkgmap\dist>java -Xmx5000m -cp mkgmap.jar;..\lib\optional\*
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.sea.optional.PrecompSeaGenerator
f:\osm\land-polygons-split-4326\land_polygons.shp WGS84 e:\sea

Hope that helps?