logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] how to use diacritical marks / accents in style file

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Jan 17 22:19:10 GMT 2013

On 17/01/13 21:41, Minko wrote:

>> Is there a way to use those accents in the style file rules?
>
>>From Steve I got the tip to save the styles in UTF-8 (wthout BOM) which works now.
> Only problem is that the style file can't be edited anymore with windows notepad (no linefeeds), only with notepad++
> If I save the text file as UTF-8 (which looks ok in notepad) mkgmap gives an error: Could not open style null

That ought to be a separate problem to the file being in utf-8. Although
the files in the default style as distributed have unix line endings,
they should work equally well with dos line endings and if not
it can be fixed. It does work with dos line ending on linux - I just
tried it to check.

..Steve