logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] how to use diacritical marks / accents in style file

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Jan 17 21:54:31 GMT 2013

Use Notepad++ or Notepad2 instead on Windows, much better than the
builtin editors - MS Wordpad and MS Notepad are notorious for breaking
line endings...
On 17.01.2013 22:47, Geoff Sherlock wrote:
> Have you tried Wordpad?
>
> Geoff
>
> Minko <ligfietser at online.nl> wrote:
>
>         Is there a way to use those accents in the style file rules?
>         From Steve I got the tip to save the styles in UTF-8 (wthout
>         BOM) which works now.
>
>     Only problem is that the style file can't be edited anymore with windows notepad (no linefeeds), only with notepad++
>     If I save the text file as UTF-8 (which looks ok in notepad) mkgmap gives an error: Could not open style null

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org