logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address include in polygons style file superfluous?

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Jan 16 18:58:15 GMT 2013

Hi,

I have started writing some pages for the new mkgmap documentation about
address search. This made me thinking if the address include is required
for the polygons style file. Is it possible to see the address
information of a polygon in a Garmin map (or better a mkgmap created map)?

If the answer is no we could remove the include from the polygons style
file which saves some memory and some processing steps. Additionally we
could remove the processing of polygons from the LocationHook.

The only thing that need to be changed is the -add-pois-to-areas option.
The POIs created by this option must be worked out by the LocationHook
because the polygons do not contain the address info any more. But I
think this would be easy.

Any comments?

WanMil