logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] short roads with two nodes

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 16 15:02:16 GMT 2013

Hi,

while looking at the removeShortArcs problem I noticed that
short ways are completely removed by removeShortArcs:

I think this is not correct. It happens because the way is shorter than
5 m and has only two points. In the first pass of
removeShortArcsByMergingNodes() the last point is merged with the first
one, in the 2nd pass the way is removed because it has only one point.

My understanding of the code is that removeShortArcsByMergingNodes
doesn't want to remove the first or last point of a way, but it does in this
case.

Should I try to change that?