logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Test failure in r2448

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 16 08:43:49 GMT 2013

Hi Steve,

I had a few problems with the patch because the hunks for  test/func/lib/TestUtils.java
were rejected. Maybe because it was based on r2330 ?

Anyway, it solves most of the failures on windwos with jkd 1.6 :-)

I thought again about the removeShortArgs test issue. I did not yet find a simple solution.
Probably the StyledConverter class is not the right place for the
removeShortArcsByMergingNodes() method, I'll try to move it down in the chain
to the MapDetails class.
Please let me know when you prefer a different solution.

Ciao,
Gerd

Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 15:45:26 +0000
From: steve at parabola.me.uk
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Test failure in r2448

On 15/01/2013 13:02, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
>  >
>  > Its difficult to delete files on Windows compared to Unix.
>  > I'm part way through fixing it now.
>  >
> Thanks. I think on windows a file must not be open, so
> we probably have to code some close() calls.
> Eclipse has a function to show warnings for potentially missing
> close() calls.

Almost all the real ones were in the test code, since I didn't want any
try/finally clutter in there.

The attached patch fixes. There is one test failure which I believe is a
genuine bug on windows, which I'll look into some time later.

I'll check this in when I've tried it out on unix again.

..Steve