logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r279

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sun Jan 13 20:23:21 GMT 2013

Hi Gerd,

> Hmm, what does it mean that it stopped? Was it again an
> OutofMemoryError?
> At least you passed the point which I consider to be the most
> critical. Do
> you have a dump
> for me?

Yes, again out of memory. See the logfile.

> I used to use a WinXP machine with 4GB and java allowed to use
> -Xmx1600m,
> anyway, you are right, the file is very big and even if you get it
> running
> today the next
> extract might again be too big.
>
> Ciao,
> Gerd

Ok, I'll try it with 1/4 of the initial intended extract.
But maybe I'm doing it the wrong way? I still use the same w-eu.o5m as input which is 12 Gb big. I only make the poly file smaller and smaller. Is this the correct way to do it?
BTW I can split germany.osm.pbf with contours without running out of memory.