logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r279

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jan 13 16:54:01 GMT 2013

Minko-2 wrote
> Gerd wrote:
>> One more option if you want to use keep-complete: try to increase
>> max-nodes.
>> The higher this value the fewer areas are created.
>> Fewer areas also means fewer problems ways+relations and their nodes.
>
> Ok, I'll try that. Splitting the o5m just failed too (but was indeed much,
> much faster).
> It stopped after Multitileprocessor pass 2, see attachment
> But then it is very likely mkgmap skips producing some tiles because they
> contain too many nodes?

1) Use the latest version of mkgmap because that will less likely produce
this error message
2) If you use --precomp-sea with mkgmap and you use --no-trim with splitter,
try to add --precomp-sea to splitter as well. Although this will produce a
few more tiles, it should not add many more problem ways.
The positive effect is that you may set max-nodes to a much higher value.
3) If your PC has 2 GB memory, but Windows allows only -Xmx1400m for the
JVM,
it is probably because the graphic card shares memory. I assume that you'll
be able to free
memory by changing to fewer colours or smaller resoltion.

Ciao,