logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r279

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jan 13 09:50:21 GMT 2013

Hi Minko,

1400m heap is probably not enough for the keep-complete algorithm.
The OOME happened just before the program reached the most critical point, so maybe only 50kb are missing.

You may try o5m input, it will probably consume less memory and is much faster anyway.
If that doesn't help you can use --keep-complete=false or a smaller input file.
The max-areas parameter does not have an influence on this part of the program, and I see no easy way to change that.

If that doesn't help:
Please add
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintGCDetails to your JVM options to produce a log of the GC.
Add also
> splitter.log
so that you can look at the sysout of splitter.
Send me the logs and the *.

Gerd