logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Optimization for ExtTypeAttributes

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Jan 10 19:23:42 GMT 2013

>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that each ExtTypeAttributes instance allocates a DecimalFormat
>> instance. This requires ~700 Bytes, but it seems that it is only used in
>> rare cases. With the style that I am using for testing,
>> I see > 200.000 instances of the ExtTypeAttributes class, so 140Mb are
>> probably wasted.
>>
>> Attached small patch allocates the instance only when needed.
>> Any objections?
>>
>> Gerd
>>
>> ExtTypeAttributes.patch
>> <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5743637/ExtTypeAttributes.patch>
>>

> Sounds good too. I don't see any problem to apply this patch.
>
> WanMil

Gerd,

I think there is an issue with the DecimalFormat which has nothing to do
with your patch. The DecimalFormat is instantiated without any locale
which means java uses the default locale.

So if you are english everything is fine but if you are german your
numbers are formatted and parsed with the "," as decimal separator.

I don't know what locale is the best to use but something like
new DecimalFormat("0.0#", DecimalFormatSymbols.getInstance(Locale.US));
should work. What do you think?

WanMil