logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Duplicate IDs

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 7 20:12:46 GMT 2013

Roger Calvert wrote
> There seems to be a lack of compatibility between SRTM2OSM files and
> other programs. Having converted them to pbf with OSMConvert, the files
> would not compile - no errors - just produced essentially empty IMG
> files. After a lot of experimentation, it turned out that the problem
> was the 19 digit (64 bit) IDs in the files. But since they all start
> with the same sequence, I was able to cut this back to 8 digits with
> Notepad++ (not a quick process). They then compiled. There must be an
> easier way!

In general, mkgmap allows all kinds of ids, but it also uses a
FakeIdGenerator to produce ids for some generated objects.
These ids start with 1L<<62, or 2.305.843.009.213.693.952
There is no check to make sure that input files do not contain
ids in this range, so maybe this cause a problem.

Regarding Notepad++ : Maybe sed is a better tool for this, it is
also awailable for windows. I don't know any OSM specific tool to
"re-number" the ids.
It would also be possible to add a conversion routine to mkgmap
or splitter as long as you just want to subtract a constant from each
id.