logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] removeShortArcs_v1.patch

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jan 6 15:14:09 GMT 2013

Hi,

I thought again about this patch and I think it is not correct, but I am not
able to produce
a correct solution.

Why is it not correct?
The removeShortArcsByMergingNodes() method in ElementSaver
iterates multiple times over all ways, a change in the "last" way may
trigger a change in ways that come before during the next pass.

My patch changes that so that a change in the last way doesn't
trigger anything in previously processed ways.

I tried to change the patch so that all roads added in
StyledConverter.addConvertedWay()
are first placed in a HashMap, together with a copy of the corresponding
GType object
and all these roads are processed later in the end() routine, but I see
different results
when I do so and don't understand why.

Any ideas ?