logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] fuelling the brand

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Jan 5 20:19:23 GMT 2013

On Sat, Jan 05, 2013 at 02:11:04PM -0500, Richard Welty wrote:
>i would say yes, go with brand. travelers are more likely to be
>searching for a preferred brand than a particular operator.

Come to think of it, the same applies to ${operator} and ${brand} in
general, for both public and commercial services.

Shops can be a bit like fuel stations. In some chains, all shops are
operated by the same huge company, but certain chains make use of
franchising agreements and might only operate a handful of shops
themselves.

For bus routes and amenity=recycling, the municipality or municipalities
would assign a brand, and the operator would be whatever company made
the cheapest bid for the time frame.

I guess that the brand should trump in all these cases. It is what is
most visible in the real world.

	Marko