logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] There is not enough room in a single garmin map for all the input data

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jan 5 15:32:41 GMT 2013

Hi,

Steve Ratcliffe wrote
> The fact that highwayCount is incremented always is harmless in itself
> and necessary, since at that point we do not know what is a road and
> what isn't (highwayCount is not a great name, except that it is not
> used for ordinary lines). Obviously we shouldn't be doing any specific
> road processing later on and that needs looking into, certainly
> shouldn't be calling removeShortArcsByWhatever() on anything that
> isn't a road.  That whole area of the code is now quite old and was
> written before we knew how routing worked so we might want to
> rearrange it differently now.

Attached is a patch that moves the
removeShortArcsByMergingNodes() to StyledConverter,
so that it now is only called for ways that are converted to MapRoads.
As expected, the generated img files are smaller because less points in
ways are preserved.
I did a quick test if routing still works (on my Oregon), so maybe
this is all that has to be done.
I still have the feeling that most of the code in this method is obsolete,
but it's hard to say when you cannot test it.

Gerd

removeShortArcs_v1.patch
<http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5742932/removeShortArcs_v1.patch>