logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Short Arc Problem? Error 3 Mapsource, Problem on Calculating this route Basecamp.

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Jan 3 19:17:07 GMT 2013

Maybe it helps if I explain what happens in detail with the mp:

1. The mp calculates the tags for the mp. In this case the tags of the
mp are used which are [area=yes; highway=residential]
2. These mp tags are removed from all outer ways if they are identical.
In this case no tag is removed from way 114405617.
3. All outer ways are copied and tagged with the mp tags. These copied
ways are only processed by the line style file. They can be identified
by the additional tag mkgmap:mp_created=true.
4. All outer polygons are tagged with the mp tags and are processed by
the polygon style file only. They can also be identified by the
additional tag mkgmap:mp_created=true.

Point 2 and 3 are required because in OSM the mp *and* the outer ways
are tagged quite often.

In this case it creates a residential way (point 3) with identical
coords like the tertiary way 114405617.

WanMil