logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Short Arc Problem? Error 3 Mapsource, Problem on Calculating this route Basecamp.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Jan 3 14:36:15 GMT 2013

On 03.01.2013 15:26, Minko wrote:
> Felix wrote:
>> But that change causes problems for other parts. There are some
>> highway=residential areas without ways that cross them, so in order to
>> have routing work in some inner city cases, you must make sure that
>> you
>> route along the edges.
> Yes, I'm aware of this, I only pointed this option to check where the problem lies.
> This wouldnt be a good solution.
>

>> If multipolygons were treated the same way as relations, that would
>> make
>> it easier to make sure only one routable highway gets created (because
>> add highway onto highway would not add the highway, because there is
>> already an underlying highway).
>>

>> The only thing I could think that does cause problems, if two routable
>> lines are on top of each other, and both have the same road_type and
>> same road_speed. Maybe there could be a check in the mkgmap continue
>> function, never to create two routable lines on top of each other, if
>> both road_speed and road_type are identical.
> Yes thats the case here I think, there are two lines on top of each other with different
> road_classes and road_speeds:
> 0x05 road_class=1 road_speed=3
> 0x06 road_class=0 road_speed=2

Well in my map, they are indeed the same, and the problem exists too.
For my map it's

0x05 road_class=1 road_speed=1
0x06 road_class=1 road_speed=1

and it breaks too. I think having identical routable lines on top of
each other, is more likely to cause error, than different road_class and
road_speed.

(P.S I'm just trying out Steves sr.patch from above - but map still
rendering)