logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Short Arc Problem? Error 3 Mapsource, Problem on Calculating this route Basecamp.

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Thu Jan 3 14:26:52 GMT 2013

Felix wrote:
> But that change causes problems for other parts. There are some
> highway=residential areas without ways that cross them, so in order to
> have routing work in some inner city cases, you must make sure that
> you
> route along the edges.

Yes, I'm aware of this, I only pointed this option to check where the problem lies.
This wouldnt be a good solution.

> If multipolygons were treated the same way as relations, that would
> make
> it easier to make sure only one routable highway gets created (because
> add highway onto highway would not add the highway, because there is
> already an underlying highway).
>

> The only thing I could think that does cause problems, if two routable
> lines are on top of each other, and both have the same road_type and
> same road_speed. Maybe there could be a check in the mkgmap continue
> function, never to create two routable lines on top of each other, if
> both road_speed and road_type are identical.

Yes thats the case here I think, there are two lines on top of each other with different
road_classes and road_speeds:
0x05 road_class=1 road_speed=3
0x06 road_class=0 road_speed=2