logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] British National Grid and Latitude/Longitude

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Wed Jan 2 20:50:50 GMT 2013

Gerd,

Thanks for the information - I can probably remove the BOM - I'll look
into it.

This was not the problem with Osmosis:  "WARNING: Expected version 0.6
but received 0.5." and
         "OsmosisRuntimeException: Node 90007000000 does not have a
version attribute as OSM 0.6 are required to have.  Is this a 0.5 file?"

The Osmosis wiki says that support for 0.5 has been removed:  "The 0.35
release was the last release to support API 0.5
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.5>." (the current version is
0.41)

Osmosis 0.41 is happy with the new versions of the files, but I will
remove the UTF-8 BOM.

Thanks again,

Roger

On 02/01/2013 20:27, GerdP wrote:
> Roger Calvert wrote
>> Please let me know of any problems you encounter in accessing or using
>> these.
> I head problems with the first version that you posted because the XML file
> contained a header starting with a Byte Order Mask (BOM) 0xefbbbf and
> osmconvert
> was not able to read that.
> Maybe this explains also the trouble with osmosis?
>
> Gerd
>

> --

Roger Calvert