logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] British National Grid and Latitude/Longitude

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Wed Jan 2 20:20:46 GMT 2013

_British National Grid__/__Latitude and Longitude_

I have recently found that the files of the British National Grid and
Latitude/Longitude which I published in OSM XML format
(http://www.rogercalvert.me.uk/OSM) are not compatible with Osmosis.
This expects OSM XML format version 0.6, while my files were version
0.5. The critical difference seems to be that in OSM 0.6, nodes and ways
must have a /version/ attribute. This significantly increases the file
size - about 25% for the GBGrid and about 13% for LatLong covering Great
Britain.

I have modified the National Grid download package to include both 0.5
and 0.6 versions.

I have added an option for the Latitude/Longitude generator to allow
selection of version (0.6 is the default).

Please let me know of any problems you encounter in accessing or using
these.

Roger

Roger Calvert