logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r273 with --precomp-sea parameter

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Dec 27 17:29:38 GMT 2012

Henning Scholland wrote
> Am 27.12.2012 18:14, schrieb WanMil:
>> Hi Gerd,
>>
>> I haven't tried yet but it seems to be a good idea.
>>
>> Why is the sea density map and the usual density map merged before
>> trimming occurs? My uneducated guess is that it is better to merge after
>> trimming because the areas that could be trimmed should not be left in
>> the tiles only by having some coastline parts.
>>
>> Wouldn't it be better if the sea density map is delivered with splitter?
>> It won't change very much over time and I guess a 90% correct density
>> map would be sufficient. This makes it easier and probably quicker
>> because you don't have to give a path to the precompiled sea files...
> Maybe it would be a good thig, if density-map is created by sea-builder

Yes, that would be faster, but requires a lot more changes. I will have a
look at the generator when it is clear that the function works as expected.
When used with a normal sized file like norway.osm.pbf, this new option adds
only a few percent of run time.