logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter-r269 - problems with osm-data and srtm-data

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Sat Dec 22 17:11:38 GMT 2012

Am 22.12.2012 13:26, schrieb GerdP:
> Hello Henning,
>
> I did not yet look closer at this, but I guess the reason is that the srtm
> data increases the nodes for a tile so that splitter has to split it. After
> that, probably, one small tile contains almost all nodes and the other large
> one only a few. Maybe it helps if you use a slightly higher max-nodes value.
Hi Gerd,
I tried NewZealand also with 1.500.000 and 2.000.000 as max-nodes. Both
failed. Germany and the alps were fine with 1.000.000.
Turkey same as NewZealand. I tried NewZealand with r202 (cut polygon
with osmconvert before) and it works fine with 1.000.000.

So I think there is a problem with larger water-parts and many nodes
with your new algorithm.

Henning