logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] location style obsolete?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Dec 22 08:50:49 GMT 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 07:05:20PM +0100, WanMil wrote:
>The location style contains rules for address mapping that have now
>been replaced by the new addr style which is included by the new style
>inclusion.
>
>Any objections againg removing that?

No, please remove it.

Sorry, I have been busy with work longer than I thought, and I have not
been able to contribute to mkgmap. I very much appreciate the recent
development with the style file processing and in the splitter.

If anyone wants to step up as the style file maintainer, be my guest.
Because I am not using Garmin devices any more (OsmAnd on the Xperia
Active is good enough for my needs), I am probably not the best person
to maintain the style. Some things that would interest me, such as
public transportation routing, do not seem to be doable on the Garmin.

My main use of mkgmap (and currently the main contribution to OSM) is
fixing the map data in Finland. Mkgmap is good at reporting errors
related to turn restrictions or oneways.

Best regards,

	Marko

PS: I just updated to the latest splitter and mkgmap, and Finland still
looks OK. Good work! :-)