logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter "fine tuning"

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Wed Dec 19 16:36:10 GMT 2012

Am 19.12.2012 17:15, schrieb GerdP:
> I stll see one option to improve splitter throughput:
> Before reading any osm file, mkgmap creates a list of all tag keys
> which are needed (hard coded keys and those from the style files).
> All other tags are simply ignored when reading OSM data to save memory.
> If we would give this list to splitter we could probably save a lot of
> processing time when splitter ignores these tags as well.
> On the other hand, you have to execute splitter again
> if you change a style.
>
> What do you think?
Sounds good. Typical the tag-list wont change very often, only if you
change your style or then mkgmap changes default tags, so it should be
possible to generate such a list manually. First point isn't hard,
because the user did this active and can create a new list. If
mkgmap-behavior changes, the user doesn't mind it and this could lead to
problems. So it would be best, to did this everytime splitter runs. But
this could also be managed seperate in script.

First call mkgmap.jar --create-tag-list, then splitter and mkgmap as usual.

Henning