logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter: relations to be checked with keep-complete=true

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Dec 16 12:26:01 GMT 2012

Hi,

splitter r260 with --keep-complete=true puts all members of all
intersecting relations and all subrelations into a tile. This leads to
"interesting" data in tiles, e.g. if a tile is crossed by an e-road
(e.g. E 35 http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/2148378) the
complete e-road is added to the tile.

I think this is not required as long as mkgmap is not able to handle all
of such relations:

* subrelations: I think subrelations are not handled by mkgmap so they
can be ignored completely by keep-complete. (Keep the code, sometime
mkgmap will handle them ;-)

* relations: I found code for the following relation types only:
multipolygon
boundary (is ignored by splitter?)
restriction
through_route
I think all other relations can be ignored by keep-complete. (I don't
know about the special marine code...)

What do you think about? Any objections?

WanMil