logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --no-poi-address option handling broken

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Dec 13 09:55:35 GMT 2012

> On 12/12/12 09:29, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the --no-poi-address mkgmap option doesn't work anymore:
>>
>> Invalid option: 'poi-address'
>>
>> I assume this is the outcome of the changes in r2386.
>
> Yes, I was wondering if anyone would notice!
>
> So what does this option do?  Nick's reason why --no-poi-address was
> needed is to avoid park benches etc getting addresses and appearing in
> the index.
>
> If that is case, then it seems to me that the bug is that park benches
> get addresses (with some option perhaps) and as a work around you turn
> off all POI addresses. As far as I can tell all the real POI addresses
> are removed too?
>
> ..Steve

I remember that there was an idea to be able to prevent small ways etc.
to be added to the index, e.g. by adding the tag mkgmap:noindex=true.
This would not prevent a bench to get address information but it should
prevent to be searchable via the index.

Steve, do you think this can be implemented easily?

WanMil