logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --no-poi-address option handling broken

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Dec 13 09:51:11 GMT 2012

> On Wed, Dec 12, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
>
>> On 12/12/12 09:29, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the --no-poi-address mkgmap option doesn't work anymore:
>>>
>>> Invalid option: 'poi-address'
>>>
>>> I assume this is the outcome of the changes in r2386.
>>
>> Yes, I was wondering if anyone would notice!
>>
>> So what does this option do?  Nick's reason why --no-poi-address was
>> needed is to avoid park benches etc getting addresses and appearing in
>> the index.
>>
>> If that is case, then it seems to me that the bug is that park benches
>> get addresses (with some option perhaps) and as a work around you turn
>> off all POI addresses. As far as I can tell all the real POI addresses
>> are removed too?
>
> I use that option for special layers, where I want that all
> POI addresses are removed, not for the standard base map.
>
> So there are no "real" POI addresses in that layer and I don't
> want that some "crap" due to wrong/broken data appears.
>
>    Thorsten

Did you try to remove the address rules from the special layers style? I
haven't looked into the code how --no-poi-addresses works but if you
don't assign the mkgmap:country, mkgmap:city etc. tags mkgmap cannot
create any address information.

WanMil